Ages 3–5 Years
Preschool is a busy time! Children are exploring the world around them, their own creativity, and the social world of friends. We see teachers as facilitators of their learning through play and classroom activities. Our goal is to build a positive self-image in every child by fostering their ability to:
- Build respectful relationships with peers and adults
- Develop thinking and problem solving skills
- Develop creativity and imagination
- Develop a functional knowledge of the physical world and beginning academics
- Develop a positive attitude toward school and appropriate school behaviors
- Learn respect for the earth and all living things
Cost of Services
EFFECTIVE JUNE 26, 2023
|UO Student||All Other Families|
|$5.30 per hour||$6.55 per hour|
- Redwing: Monday–Friday, 8:15 a.m.–3:15 p.m. or 4:00 p.m.
- Quail: Monday–Friday, 8:15 a.m.–3:15 p.m. or 4:00 p.m.
We recognize that parents often need current information about their child’s sleeping, eating, and other routines, as well as their behavior while in care. Brief check-ins at drop-off or pick-up are a good way to share information about how children are doing each day. However, teachers are often busy with other children, so they may not always be available.
In addition to conferences that are scheduled each year, parents or teachers can request an individual meeting if questions or concerns arise.
Breakfast and an afternoon snack are prepared by the Moss Street staff. Parents provide a daily shelf-stable lunch. The children and staff eat all meals together at classroom tables. We believe that these shared meals help develop relationships, interest in food, good eating habits, and social and self-help skills.